• Show
Clear All
  • agent511
    Established Member
    • Jun 2005
    • Philadelphia
    • TS3650

glass shelves

Anyone have a good source for glass shelves? I used to have a source, but they won't sell to me anymore (wholesale only) . I am looking for internet/national shipping companies with good pricing, (good enough to charge for shipping and still be cheaper than local) not your local glass and mirror store (I have them too).

FWIW, I am looking for 1/2" x 12" x 65" shelves.
    darksider
  • Tequila
    • Aug 2004
    • King of Prussia, PA, USA.

Last time I was looking, I couldn't find an internet source cheaper than local, since glass is heavy and fragile to ship. I ended up buying from Ikea and fitting the project to the sizes available.
    -Joe

Comment

• agent511
      Established Member
      • Jun 2005
      • Philadelphia
      • TS3650

I was really surprised that doing a google search for glass suppliers and other tags yielded almost nothing.

I had bought 3/4" glass before and saved a lot even with shipping over local. That place I purchased from now said I had to be a member of "direct buy" which happens to be a big scam. They advertise on TV all the time - stay FAR away from them. I don't think anyone on this forum would be so dumb as to pay $4900 up front for a 7 or 10 year membership to this buyers 'club'.

I found another site online, but they wanted the same as the local place plus shipping.

I don't think Ikea has any glass in this type of sizing. But it is a good idea for future reference.
      darksider

Comment

• gabedad
        Established Member
        • May 2005
        • Chelmsford, MA.
        • unfortunately bts-15

One Day Glass, our name says it all. Call (800) 452-6117 to order! We Provide Cutting Custom Glass, Replacement, Glass shelving and more in any glass type.

Comment

Working...