X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonmnelson
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2007
    • Long Beach, CA
    • Craftsman 21829/Jet 708100 (don't ask)

Jet benchtop table saw

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with or opinions about the Jet benchtop table saw, with legs. It has a 15 amp belt-driven motor, extension wings and a rear outfeed support, and a five-year warranty. Any info. will be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Red88chevy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Midland, Texas.

It looks like it would be a good saw but have never seen one in person, only on Amazon. I think it can be converted to a floor model by adding a leg kit to it. If you get one let us know what you think.

Comment

• drumpriest
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
      • Powermatic PM 2000

I've seen one live and in person, it has some of the features that makes the BT such a good buy for the price, but it doesn't have the RK. There is a pretty plasticy feel to it though, certainly not a long haul kinda tool. I think the 3100 felt like a much sturdier tool, too bad it's gone. Obviously there's still the Sears version, but it's a bit pricier. Overall I don't think it's a bad saw, certainly a step up from other benchtop models, but not as rugged as a contractor's saw.
      Keith Z. Leonard
      Go Steelers!

Comment

Working...