• Show
Clear All
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

home depot ryobi angle grinders

Go to Homedepot.com website, 'toolbox event', two ryobi grinders for $39.97. I think they are normally this price each. Do you need two? Are they any good? Don't know the answer to either of these questions. Other stuff there also, but nothing else I saw loked like a deal.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
  • rja
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA.
    • BT3100-1

If these are the Ryobi 4+ amp angle grinders, you will be disappointed in their performance. Four amps is not enough to do anything except for the lightest of applications. For grinding welds, wire brushing, or flap wheel grinding they are inadequate. Of course, you could get two of them and while one is cooling down you could overheat the other. I recently bought the 10 amp DeWalt 4.5" angle grinder for flap wheel use and it is adequate to the task.

Comment

• Scottydont
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Edmonds, WA, USA.
      • Delta Industrial Hybrid

I prefer air powered for angle grinders myself.
      Scott
      "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• Woodshark
        Established Member
        • May 2006
        • Atlanta

If you just need one for occasional use pick up the cheapie at Harbor Freight.

I purchased mine for around $15 with a coupon. We put faux stone all around our lake house concrete foundation. I used it to cut the stone with a dry diamond wheel. I abused the crap out this cheap little grinder and it is still working fine. Hard to go wrong for the money.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...