• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Texsun66
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2003
    • San Jose, CA.

Dado set

I am thinking about getting a Dado set for my BT.
    After I install the set will I need to realign the rip fence and SMT?

thanks,
    Andy
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

You shouldn't need to do any re-alignments.

Of course, if you're using the scale on the front rail for rip setup, you'd need to compensate for that. A simple rule or tape measurement from whichever side of the dado you prefer is all you'll need.

JR
    JR

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

I have several dado sets and I really like the least expensive Freud - sells for about $75 most places - it is a stacked dado set. My other sets were cheaper but not good buys because they do not work well so they do not get used anymore. The cheapest Freud also has a negative hook angle which is good for the BT, it keeps the blades from self feeding and stalling the BT.

Jim

Comment

• gwyneth
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2006
        • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by JimD
        I have several dado sets and I really like the least expensive Freud - sells for about $75 most places - it is a stacked dado set. My other sets were cheaper but not good buys because they do not work well so they do not get used anymore. The cheapest Freud also has a negative hook angle which is good for the BT, it keeps the blades from self feeding and stalling the BT.
        Mine came today. It weighs about twice as much as the steel sets I've encountered. It says "lifetime guarantee" and I believe it--it looks industrial-strength.

It also is rated for a 10,000-something RPM--about twice what normal ones are. Of course that's higher than the BT but it's nice to know it'll take the BT's relatively high rate without a thought.

Comment

Working...