• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeMcCoy
    • Nov 2004
    • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
    • Delta Contractor Saw

Originally posted by affyx
    Do any of you use online sources to buy lumber? The extent of my sophistication is Lowes and HD - so I'm probably paying way too much.

Any advice on where to find good wood for good prices? (Advice in general, but if anyone knows PA/MD, some local source info would be great!)

Thanks! Really glad I found this forum!!!
    I had a little over 400 BF of some really prime 8/4 Pennsylvania cherry dropped off in my garage last month for $4.00 a BF by Mike Morgan. I don't know if he hangs around here or not but he's in the vendor section at Sawmill Creek and also at Woodnet. I've bought from him several times so if you are interested let me know and I'll get you the contact info.

Hopefully the above isn't against forum rules but I'll gladly edit if someone will let me know.

Comment

• Russianwolf
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
      • One of them there Toy saws

Do any of you use online sources to buy lumber? The extent of my sophistication is Lowes and HD - so I'm probably paying way too much.

Any advice on where to find good wood for good prices? (Advice in general, but if anyone knows PA/MD, some local source info would be great!)

go to woodfinder.com and enter my zip 25401 and look for Irving's Saw mill. If you're willing to drive, he has great prices. It's about an hour north of me, might be two for you.

you'll find some other places on there too. There is a place in NJ that has good prices on exotics on their marketplace page.
      Mike
      Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• affyx
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2007
        • Mechanicsburg, PA
        • BT3000 (sold), ShopSmith (bought then sold), BT3100 (just bought on CL)

Great info/advice - thanks!
        JC

LumberJocks: http://lumberjocks.com/affyx

"I lost my little saw and now I can't cope."

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

What are you looking for? I am probably creeping up to 2000 bf in my shop! Gotta get some of this stuff out of here!

Click on my user name in this post to pull up my email and/or PM. I can also give you some good local dealers . . . . once you have helped get my load under control! HAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• affyx
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2007
            • Mechanicsburg, PA
            • BT3000 (sold), ShopSmith (bought then sold), BT3100 (just bought on CL)

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
            What are you looking for? I am probably creeping up to 2000 bf in my shop! Gotta get some of this stuff out of here!
            Well shoot Jeff I may have to do just that! Right now I need some 1X poplar for a bed I'm making... whatcha got?

P.S. Do you know of a good plywood dealer in the area? I'm not going to spend $65 at HD for birch PW!
            JC

LumberJocks: http://lumberjocks.com/affyx

"I lost my little saw and now I can't cope."

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Well shoot Jeff I may have to do just that! Right now I need some 1X poplar for a bed I'm making... whatcha got?

P.S. Do you know of a good plywood dealer in the area? I'm not going to spend $65 at HD for birch PW!
              Click on my avitar and send me an email about lumber.

As far as sheet goods, Industrial Plywood sells to the public and has GREAT prices and inventory. They have locations in Reading and Lewiston. I have only been to Reading. Nice folks. More saw blades than I have ever seen assembled under one roof.

Comment

Working...