• Show
Clear All
  • bradley_osu
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2006
    • Columbus, OH
    • None yet :(

Another SketchUp helpful resource

Those of you that receive Make magazine already have seen their wonderful article on SketchUp with an intro tutorial that really gets you going quickly with a good introduction to the simple and more advanced tools. If you don't receive Make magazine, I suggest you go to www.makezine.com immediately and subscribe. But if you're not into that then here are the links to the pages of that article:

What’s new in digital fabrication? So much! In Make: Vol. 84 we show you how adding dedicated SBCs, like a Raspberry Pi, make 3D printers vastly smarter and up to five times faster. New laser engravers can cut metal for under $2,000, and cheap workhorse diode lasers are everywhere. Pro-level 3D scanning is on your phone, and 3D design software has a flavor for every style of maker. Now’s the time to level up! Plus, we dive into how makers can (ethically) use generative A.I. to create audio, images, text, code, and 3D models for your next project! Plus, 23 Projects & Skills, including: Build a $30 Vertical Wind Turbine Create Wearable Soft Speakers Wow your friends with a DIY Ambient TV Backlight Sew decorative Light-Up Zodiac Embroidery Get involved with Amateur Radio and Software Defined Radio (SDR) And much more!

What’s new in digital fabrication? So much! In Make: Vol. 84 we show you how adding dedicated SBCs, like a Raspberry Pi, make 3D printers vastly smarter and up to five times faster. New laser engravers can cut metal for under $2,000, and cheap workhorse diode lasers are everywhere. Pro-level 3D scanning is on your phone, and 3D design software has a flavor for every style of maker. Now’s the time to level up! Plus, we dive into how makers can (ethically) use generative A.I. to create audio, images, text, code, and 3D models for your next project! Plus, 23 Projects & Skills, including: Build a $30 Vertical Wind Turbine Create Wearable Soft Speakers Wow your friends with a DIY Ambient TV Backlight Sew decorative Light-Up Zodiac Embroidery Get involved with Amateur Radio and Software Defined Radio (SDR) And much more!

Enjoy!
  • brecklundin
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2007

nice...and THANKS...I too have been fiddling with the free version SketchUp off and on for a while now and find it FUN and a nice tool to create quick mock-up/prototype.

I have Visio '03 but it does not really do 3-d. Plus I am pathetic with CAD stuff. SketchUp really is easy for even me to use..but there have been several things I never have been able to figure out. The article filled in several of those holes...

Here is a link to SketchUp over at Google:

Well, worth downloading...

Comment

Working...