• Show
Clear All
  • themachine
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • BT3100, General Intl. 220

Hinges for face frame inset doors

I am starting a project for a TV stand that is essentially a cabinet with two lower doors topped by two drawers below the top. The doors are traditional panel style inset flush into a full face frame. Someone suggested to me that I hang the doors using european style (Blum is one common manufacturer) hinges because of the ease of installation and adjustment. When trying to find european style hinges, it is difficult to figure out which ones are designed for my setup. Most seem to be for faceless cabinets with overlapped doors. Any help would be appreciated, including alternative hinges if they are not difficult to mount and align.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Should be about as easy and painless as it gets. If you want a visable hinge.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• mschrank
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2004
      • Hood River, OR, USA.
      • BT3000

I was about to reply that such a thing didn't exist, but thought I'd check one place first and what do you know...

SALICE INSET FACE FRAME HINGES

Kind of funny looking inside the cabinet with the adjustment arms sticking out in space like that. Another option would be to use a regular concealed hinge designed for frameless cabinets, and add some subtle blocking flush with the edge of your face frame.

I want to try inset doors someday...I've always been a little leery of getting them to fit and look good. Using this style of hinge would make one part of the job easier.
      Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• Ishmel
        Forum Newbie
        • May 2005
        • St. Cloud, MN.

Originally posted by themachine
        I am starting a project for a TV stand that is essentially a cabinet with two lower doors topped by two drawers below the top. The doors are traditional panel style inset flush into a full face frame. Someone suggested to me that I hang the doors using european style (Blum is one common manufacturer) hinges because of the ease of installation and adjustment. When trying to find european style hinges, it is difficult to figure out which ones are designed for my setup. Most seem to be for faceless cabinets with overlapped doors. Any help would be appreciated, including alternative hinges if they are not difficult to mount and align.
        If you decide to go with a Euro style hinge, I'd use the 120 degree clipped top hinges from Blum. I get a discount from wwhardware that I share with members here, if you want me to look up prices just let me know.

Comment

Working...