X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Router technique video/book

Any good recommendations on a good beginner router technique video or book. I'd prefer a video cuz I'm more of a visual learner but if there's a consensus on a great book out there I'll def take a look at it (gives me a chance to use my Barnes and Noble gift card). I was thinking about taking one of the Woodcraft classes but maybe there's a cheaper solution that's just as good (classes are ~$100).
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Check out PatWarner.com. Make sure you have a couple hours to check that stuff out. Pat is a tremendous source of information on routers. I have his book, which is really good. If you buy it through his website, he will sign it and probably send it to you before you even send him a check--at least he used to. He is a really great guy.

There are several more router books, but none that come to mind. I'm sure many will chime in. Check out your local library. Mine has a lot of WWing videos.
    Joe

Comment

• Thom2
      Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
      • Jan 2003
      • Stevens, PA, USA.
      • Craftsman 22124

Router Magic is another good reference

Here's an old thread where Keith compiled a whole list of recommended books ....

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=613
      Last edited by Thom2; 04-13-2007, 08:37 PM.
      If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
      **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Stormbringer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Floral Park, NY
        • Bosch 4000

I posted some videos Here

The bible of router books is Bill Hyltons "Woodworking with the Router" found here

Greg

Edit: Router Magic, as Thom2 posted, is an excellent follow up to Woodworking with the Router and is Hyltons second book of the sequence. It is more jig and project oriented. I would master the basics first. YMMV
        Last edited by Stormbringer; 04-13-2007, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• bmyers
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2003
          • Fishkill, NY
          • bt 3100

+1 on Woodworking with the Router. Also check out "The router lady". I think she has a video(s)? Carol Reed I think is her name but "router lady" will get you there.

I think there is a Tauton video with some other guy I can't remember his name. Just try tauton and router and google that.

Resist the urge to buy more routers than you can carry. It's workshop asset.

Bill
          "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

Router Magic by Bill Hylton is excellent. Overstock has it for $12.25. Shipping is $2.95 for entire orders.

Comment

Working...