Diefenbach Bench - good deal on used one?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darrellcraig
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Seattle, WA, USA.

Diefenbach Bench - good deal on used one?

I'm looking at an 8 yr old Diefenbach Traditional German bench locally at $700. Anyone have a sense of whether this is worth it? I didn't have any luck with searches for past transactions on various forums. The bench is in excellent condition, with only a small 1/4" hole from a still-spinning router placed on the bench. They are about $1400 + shipping new.

I was planning to build, but having priced out wood and hardware, combined with fact that I have very limited time for woodworking as a partner in a small business, this looks really attractive. Guess I've answered my own question, but wondering what market value for such a bench is...
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

I think it sounds fair. Your reasoning certainly leans toward purchasing rather than building and you just can't beat a Diefenbach!

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Excellent deal if you can't or don't have time to build your own to your specs!

Regards...

Comment

• Tom Miller
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Twin Cities, MN
        • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

In case you haven't made your decision yet -- FWW had a comparison of some ready-made benches a while back. The Defi...Difen...Deifen...the bench you're looking at rated well enough. Most of the negative comments had to do with bolt holes not lining up, etc. which would now be a non-issue, since the bench has been put together once. IIRC, some of the benches they looked at were Sjoberg (duh), Lie-Nielsen, Grizzly, Veritas, Laguna....

But what really stood out were the anti-racking adjusters on the vises. Since I saw that, I've been thinking how I might make one for my vise.

Regards,
        Tom

Comment

Working...