• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p8ntblr
    • Jan 2007
    • So Cal
    • Craftsman 22114

Stand Levers

I'd like to make mobile table with some levelers. How could I make something like leveler circled below. It will be attached to wood and not metal obviously. I assume using T-nuts will be involved but my question is how to keep the knob on the bolt when I want to raise the leveler.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by p8ntblr; 03-10-2007, 01:18 AM.
    -Paul
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Several options.

You can get those handles that have stems, just as an example
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...lter=t%20track

You can use the ones that have the nut built in, and place another nut against it.

I had a friend whose is cheap. He used some of those nuts, he got off another project, and an old tube of JB weld (adhesive), and screwed the nut where he wanted them.

I am sure there are other options.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• p8ntblr
      • Jan 2007
      • So Cal
      • Craftsman 22114

Interesting ideas. I wonder if they have those knobs with much longer stems.

Anyone know what that rubber cap is called in the pic I posted? The one at the opposite end of the knob.
      -Paul

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

bumpers are one term.

You can find longer stemmed knobs and bumpers and a lot more (gonna have to use some different search terms, kinda like the old card catalogs) at McMaster Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• MikeMcCoy
          • Nov 2004
          • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
          • Delta Contractor Saw

Reid Tool is another very good source and you can download their catalogue in PDF.

https://reidecom.reidtool.com/xephr/qbe/homepage

Comment

• eezlock
            • Feb 2006
            • Charlotte,N.C.
            • BT3100

levelers

If the threaded portion of those levelers is long enough, try this, install a
            proper sized hexnut and lockwasher on the threaded shaft below the knob
            put on some thread locker liquid inside the threaded knob, turn the knob onto the shaft as far as it will go,then adjust hexnut and lockwasher up tight against the knob with and open end wrench as tight as possible. and it should be good to go and stay locked down. eezlock

Comment

• Tom Miller
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2003
              • Twin Cities, MN
              • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

If you want to make your own, the ones shown below have been working very well for me. I can lift my mobile base off the floor just turning the eye bolt by hand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveler Foot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	780585

This thread gives details on how to make them. (I suppose they could be made prettier... )

Regards,
              Tom

Comment

Working...