• Show
Clear All
  • RickD1
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2006
    • Southern California
    • BT3100

Working with sheet goods

Here is something I made up to help me deal with working with full sheets of plywood.
    First photo shows all of the pieces minus the saw horses.
    Photo two shows the long pieces positioned on the saw horses.
    Photo three shows the remaining pieces installed in the long pieces. I cut the dados on my old RAS.
    Photo four shows the details of the long legs and the cuts necessary to mate everything up.
    Photo five shows the pieces with the exception of the saw horses stored.
    It may not be the greatest system in the world, but it breaks down and stores easily. I have used it quite a bit for some of the bigger things I have worked on. In a pinch i have put it together, put a sheet of ply on top of it and used it as an assembly table.
    Attached Files
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Very inventive. Looks like a very quick set up and take down and minimal storage space. How is the height compared to your table saw, if you have one. This type of setup would be good as outfeed table for a table saw.

Comment

• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Wow, just what i have been wanting to do - i was wondering what the smallest size of this grid would be that i could get away with. what are the lengths of the long and short pieces? I am guessing they are 2 x 4s?
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• RickD1
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2006
        • Southern California
        • BT3100

Cabinetman,
        I made this before I had a table saw. The size of the saw horses are fixed so this doesn't match up as an outfeed table. Maybe, if I had some of those adjustable saw horses...HMMM...Where is that credit card?

Radhak,
        The construction is all 2 X 4's. The long legs are 8 ft the others 4 ft.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2006
          • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
          • BT3100

that is an ingenious idea. really effective and doesnt take up room for storage. cool

Comment

• steve-norrell
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2006
            • The Great Land - Alaska
            • BT3100-1

Originally posted by RickD1
            The size of the saw horses are fixed so this doesn't match up as an outfeed table. Maybe, if I had some of those adjustable saw horses...HMMM...Where is that credit card?
            Rick:

Judging by the color, the same company does make saw horses that are adjustable for height. I have a set and they are truly handy to have. If memory serves, they can be adjusted for up to 37" so they work well as work tables and as out-feed tables.

Regards, Steve

Comment

Working...