X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

model display case plans?

Thinking about building a display case for model cars. They're about 12" (width) by 5" (height) by 5" (deep). I've searched but all I found was plans for smaller display cases. thanks
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

How big do you want it be?

There is a plan for a free standing cabinet with glass front(sliding door) glass sides and a mirrored back in the September 2003 copy of Wood Magazine. If you go to the wood magazine web site and find the back issues section you can purchase it and have it sent to you. I bought on similar display case for models and it cost me $800. I need to get another for my collection so I am planning a building this one. Good luck. Someone might have a better Idea.

Tom

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

there's about 40 cars. so big enough to hold them plus room for the future. I'll check out the magazine. thanks

Comment

• DeanKC
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2006
        • KCMO

Are you hoping for wall-mount or free-standing??

DeanKC

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Initially wall mounted. But considering the limitations on the size of the wall, it will end up touching the ground anyway. So I guess free standing but probably still connected to the wall for stability since it won't be very deep.

Comment

Working...