• Show
Clear All
  • bolson
    Established Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Charlotte, MI, USA.

Mid-Michigan Woodworkers Guild - Dovetails

The Mid-Michigan Woodworkers Guild will have a monthly meeting

Tuesday January 16th, 7pm at the Dewitt Memorial Building, 206 West Washington St., Dewitt, Michigan

John Wilson of the Home Shop will be teaching Hand Cut dovetails (a hands on demonstration)

For more details, directions, maps and contact information

www.mmwg.org

Hope you can make it!
    Last edited by bolson; 01-13-2007, 02:46 PM.
    Woodworking forum highlights on my blog at http://woodworking-in-charlotte.blogspot.com/
  • ChrisD
    • Dec 2004
    • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

I enjoy John Wilson's articles in Popular Woodworking. A friend of mine attended one of his weekend Shaker box classes and had a blast.

Have fun!
    The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• bolson
      Established Member
      • Sep 2003
      • Charlotte, MI, USA.

He lives a few miles from me.

He is a really neat guy. Always up to something and is really well connected with a lot of the big names in woodworking.

His shop is really cool too. A long time ago the company that makes the copper tacks for shaker boxes went out of business so he bought the machines from them. It is really cool to see it churn out the little tacks.

His shop is also a neat design. It is designed to utilize solar heat. Even in the dead of winter it is very toasty in his shop.

Also a surprise is that his tools are extremely modest. He has an old contractor saw, an inexpensive Grizzly DC system from the 80's. Even his workhorse planer and drum sanders are old and well used. Almost all of his handtools are handmade.
      Woodworking forum highlights on my blog at http://woodworking-in-charlotte.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...