Which splitter or do you need both"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lcm1947
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • 1490
    • Austin, Texas
    • BT 3100-1

    #1

    Which splitter or do you need both"

    Back when I purchased my Shark I picked the thin splitter but I am thinking about going to the DeWalt #DW7640 blade and it's a thick blade. Do I need to buy another thick splitter do you suppose?
    May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • 4301
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

    #2
    The next size thicker that I have is only about .015" thicker. That is a very small amount. What you have is near the max thickness that could be used for thin kerf. This is near the thickness of the platen on a standard kerf blade. Because it's a riving knife and not a splitter, it seems to work very well at this thickness for both thin and standard blades.
    I have never heard of anyone having any trouble with it on either blade thickness. I only had a few complaint's when it came to the thickest version I make. .120" is just too thick. It seems to stick and drag when the lumber feels like pinching.
    Lee

    Comment

    • lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • 1490
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

      #3
      Thanks so much Lee. I was hoping you'd answer although I have no fear that most of the guys on this forum are also very knowledgeable and could have answered just as well, but it's always nice getting it from the horses mouth as the saying goes. Thanks again.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

      Comment

      Working...