Any opinions on Craftsman model OR35506 - My first post!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLyon
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

Any opinions on Craftsman model OR35506 - My first post!

I'm in the market for my first table saw and was looking at the Jet JWTS-10, but then I see Sears has the OR35506 on sale. I welcome any opinions on either saw.

Thanks
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Neither offer top of the line features, but both of those are good saws. The hybrid offers several design advantages from the start. An enclosed base for better dust collection, an internally mounted motor that's out of the way, takes up less space, and has a shorter belt and more efficient power transfer, and cabinet mounted trunnions for easier blade alignment.

The Sears model you listed is their entry level hybrid more commonly known as the 22104. AFAIK that model is being discontinued and has been on sale near $400 often. All three of the Sears hybrids (22104, 22114, and 22124) have been well received and offer some excellent and convenient features. The 22104 is a good buy near $400 if you can still find one. The 22114 is on sale in the Craftsman club flyer and offers solid cast iron wings, wider rip capacity, an indexing fence, and a crosscut fence with hold down clamp for $550....a good price on a nice lifetime saw.

http://www.epinions.com/content_184778395268 (22124 review)

The Jet 708100 is on sale for ~ $400...even though it has the conventional splayed leg stand, it offers in internal belt driven induction motor and the advantages of that motor placement. It's alot of saw for $400 IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Jet-708100-2HP.../dp/B000BHNAJK
    Last edited by Knottscott; 10-18-2006, 03:16 PM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

Hey Dustmight, the new Jet JWTS-10 design IS a hybrid, with a contractor base. The assembly sticks out the bottom a little bit, so it has to be used on a stand that has a hole cut in the bottom for the innards to poke through. But make no doubt about it, this is a newly designed hybrid and I'm very impressed with it. And Rockler is selling 'em for $400 w/ stamped extensions and the crappy fence. Add a Rockler fence and some nice HPL table boards, and that would be one heckuva saw.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

So it sounds like the Jet JWTS-10 and the 708100 are one in the same. Guess I confused it with the original Jet JWTS-10JF 708301K contractor saw....I'll update my original post accordingly. Thanks for clarifying.
        Last edited by Knottscott; 10-18-2006, 03:17 PM.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...