Scroll Saw book???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MilDoc

    #1

    Scroll Saw book???

    Why I love this site - showed LOML the BS boxes in projects, that needed a scroll saw to cut out the drawer fronts. So she said - "Why don't you get one?" 'cause she loved the effect!

    But I'm an inveterate reader and book collector. Lots of SS books on Amazon. So, I'm hoping y'all can point me to the most useful for a newbie scroll sawer!
  • RayintheUK
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • 1792
    • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #2
    You might want to have a look on this forum, Paul, there's loads of relevant stuff there.

    Ray.
    Did I offend you? Click here.

    Comment

    • MilDoc

      #3
      Originally posted by RayintheUK
      You might want to have a look on this forum, Paul, there's loads of relevant stuff there.

      Ray.
      I guess there's a forum for everything! Nice site, thanks!

      Comment

      • gary
        Senior Member
        • May 2004
        • 893
        • Versailles, KY, USA.

        #4
        I've used the Dewalt scroll saw and liked it very much. The Hawk scroll saws are supposed to be better but I've never used one.

        Nice job getting a new tool out of the deal!
        Gary

        Comment

        • cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 2812
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

          #5
          Here's a site that you may find a good source for blade and other information. I've talked to "Mike" about a year or so ago and he is very friendly and I think you'll find his website interesting and his blade prices and quality excellent. He also has a deal on an introductory book and example blade combination. The book is a descriptive workbook for newbys like myself, and it describes various scroll saw designs and provides some introductory projects to hone your skills.

          http://www.mikesworkshop.com/index.htm


          I hope this helps,

          CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

          Comment

          • Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • 3862
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

            #6
            Originally posted by cwsmith
            Here's a site that you may find a good source for blade and other information. I've talked to "Mike" about a year or so ago and he is very friendly and I think you'll find his website interesting and his blade prices and quality excellent. He also has a deal on an introductory book and example blade combination. The book is a descriptive workbook for newbys like myself, and it describes various scroll saw designs and provides some introductory projects to hone your skills.

            http://www.mikesworkshop.com/index.htm


            I hope this helps,

            CWS
            I get all our SS blades from Mike. Great blades and Mike is a nice guy.
            The book is excellent for novices, and more.


            ken

            Comment

            • bigsteel15
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2006
              • 1079
              • Edmonton, AB
              • Ryobi BT3100

              #7
              Here's another one. This is a plug for a canadian guy. He's got lots of supplies and plans.
              http://www.sawbird.com/

              And here is my dad's buddy.
              http://www.woodcreationsbydennis.com/
              I tried to get my dad to change a couple of backgrounds but he won't listen.
              Brian

              Welcome to the school of life
              Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

              Comment

              Working...