• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

1/4" MDF Now Available at Home Depot

Depending on where you live, this may or may not be news to you.

Many have reported that their local Home Depot stores carry only 1/2" and 3/4" thick MDF. That was the situation here until, on my last trip, I found that 1/4" MDF is now available in 2'x4' precut panels. Price was $3.29, or about 41 cents per square foot.

Still no full-size sheets like with the thicker varieties, but those are so heavy and awkward to cut down that I generally elect to pay a little more per SF for the easier-to-manage small panels, assuming they're big enough for the project at hand.
    Larry
  • newbie2wood
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • NJ, USA.

The Home Depot stores in my area have the MDF in all three sizes, but Lowes does not carry the 1/2" MDF. I was recently at Lowes looking for the 1/2" MDF to make a ZCTP.
    ________
    CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
    Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• gmack5
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Originally posted by newbie2wood
      The Home Depot stores in my area have the MDF in all three sizes, but Lowes does not carry the 1/2" MDF. I was recently at Lowes looking for the 1/2" MDF to make a ZCTP.
      You'd be better off to use "Lexan" in the 1/4" thickness, much stronger and easier to get a good looking ZCTP, besides it's clear so you can see what's going on below the Table Top.

Stytooner has the directions on his Web Site for making your own ZCTPs, using Lexan.
      Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
      Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
      George

Comment

Working...