• Show
Clear All
  • Roger on the Rock
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006
    • St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    • BT-3100

First Gloat!

Well, here's my new BT-3100 set up in it's temporary summer home...the shed. It went together very easily and I only had to do minor adjustments to the bevel stops and rip fence. SMT was bang on right out of the box. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of this saw as well as the setup instructions & hardware kit. Did a few test cuts and it perfomed just fine. Seems a bit slower that what I thought it would be, but it's running on about 70' of extension cord and the shop vac is on the same circuit. (I was waiting for the breaker to pop.)

This is just the start. I'll be finishing the basement over the summer and will then move the shop downstairs. I have a basement with outside access and about 12' x 20' of good usable space...plus some overflow for material storage. After 20 years of moving around in the military, I'm very excited about settling down and being able to start into a hobby I got a taste of in high school, and that I've wanted to get back into for years.

Thanks very much to all on this forum who provided advice on the BT-3100 and made the selection of my first major power tool a lot easier.

Cheers,

Roger
    Attached Files
  • newbie2wood
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • NJ, USA.

The Bt3100 is a great saw. It does require a little fine tuning but so does every table saws. The sliding rails are my favorite part of it. I have moved on to a different table saw but have no regrets about buying the Bt3100. If I had the room in my garage, I would keep the Bt3100. Enjoy and looking forward to your input on this forum.
    ________
    Avandia Class Action Lawsuit
    Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Wood_workur
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2005
      • Ohio
      • Ryobi bt3100-1

Looks great. Hope you have fun. Just make sure that your extension cord is the proper gauge.
      Alex

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Enjoy. And having had my saw in a glorified shed and now in my basement shop, I would say push as hard as you can to get your basement shop outfitted as quickly as possible. You won't regret it when you move your saw in that much sooner.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• vaking
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2005
          • Montclair, NJ, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100-1

Lucky you having a basement with outside access. You probably have 8' height in that basement too.
          Seriously - congratulations with the saw. Shopvac and drill press should be next.
          Alex V

Comment

• Roger on the Rock
            Forum Newbie
            • Apr 2006
            • St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
            • BT-3100

Thanks folks.

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

Congratulations on the new shop and the BT3K.

I'd take steps as soon as possible to get rid of that extension cord though and get a receptacle wired within easy reach of the saw. That motor needs those amps without the loss you are probably getting in cord.

Enjoy the new shop and the BT,

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• jcjrsmith
                Established Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Mechanicsburg, PA, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

Congratulations!! And Paint the Red Line!!!!
                Jerry in PA
                ...Can't sleep, clown will eat me...
                http://home.comcast.net/~jcjrsmith2

Comment

Working...