This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longerirons

Dado throat plates

Where can I get one for my BT3? Is there a Sears plate that corresponds with the BT3 so I don't have to wait to order one through HD?

Semper Fi
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

I just make a wooden throat plate for use with my Freud dado set. I have one for a 1/4 dado and one with an opening wide enough for all the chippers.

Jim

Comment

• jnesmith
      • Jan 2003
      • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Right here: http://www.leestyron.com/zctp.php

Order several. I use 1 for my thin kerf blade, one for a regular kerf, and a couple for different width dadoes.
      John

Comment

• mikeg
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2006
        • Milton, VT
        • BT3100

I believe that the Craftsman version of the BT is the 22811.

mikeg

Comment

• jziegler
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2005
          • Salem, NJ, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

Yes, there is a Sears version of the throat plate. I don't know the number, but I purchased on on clearance (about $3 I think) a few months ago. You don't want it. The opening is so large that it is unsafe for smaller dados on smaller pieces. When following a plan from Rockler, I was trying to do a 1/4" wide by 3/8" deep dado in a 8" or so long piece, and it started to eat up the whole piece, kicked it back, and just generally screwed things up. With a ZCTP for the dado blade, this wouldn't have happened so easily. Until I get some ZCTPs made, I won't dado anything under about 1 1/2' long.

Jim

Comment

Working...