• Show
Clear All
  • chabin76
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2005
    • Edmond, OK, USA.
    • BT3100

Mounting a router to 3100

I just bought a Bosch dual base 2.25 HP router and would like to be able to mount it to the 3100 table. I read in the FAQ that you can make your own mounting kit. I am just curious how to make that, with what material, and how to fill in the hole in the table (so it is smooth and closer to the bit).

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Matt
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

Matt,

I put my router in a wooden accessory table. I briefly tried a router in the aluminum accessory table but did not like the noise level of that arrangement. If you do this, you should find a way to prevent the table from rattling at the back where it just slips into the rails. One way to mount the router is just to take the sub-base off the fixed router base and use it to drill holes in the accessory table in the right locations - with the router centered over the hole in the accessory table. I believe you can buy the plastic inserts for the accessory table separately from parts suppliers. it seems like somebody posted the numbers recently, you might try a search.

Jim

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

Once the Forum's Admin (Sam) has all his work compleated and restores the article section you will be able to find a plan by Jim Frye for a router mounting plate. If you mount your router in the Acc. table then you NEED to use a clamp to secure the rear of the Acc. table to the rear rail.

As in above picture!

I would not do as JIm suggests and drill the Acc table.

3/8" plywood or 1/4" aluminum both will work fine for a router mounting plate which then gets bolted with 1/2" flat head machine screws to the Acc. table.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• kano32
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006
        • Palmer, Alaska
        • Ryobi BT3100

Part of the reason I bought the BT3100 was the accessory table. I already have a router and did not have the funds to purchase both a table saw and a router table (but I really need a router table) so I thought the BT3100 was a great way to get what I needed. I'd go with securing the table and making your own mounting plate.
        I love the smell of sawdust in the morning. It smells like...Woodworking.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kano32

Comment

• chabin76
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2005
          • Edmond, OK, USA.
          • BT3100

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I will work on it and see is I can't figure it out. At least I know where to come if I have questions.

Matt

Comment

Working...