Clear All
  • sacherjj
    Not Your Average Joe
    • Dec 2005
    • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Originally posted by greencat
    Now Why Didn't I think of that. Duh

I have a large shop vac that I have been huffing and puffing to empty. Of course I wait till its very full of sawdust. The garbage bag is a great idea. Some day I will have a DC.

The bag came with the shop vac. I installed it at first. Then, when I started to lose suction, because of the full bag, I removed it. I figured that I would use it that way until I could pick up a pack of bags. In about 1/4 the time it lasted before, my suction was gone. The filter was clogged with sawdust and small shavings. After cleaning out the filter and installing a new bag, all was well again. It makes a BIG difference.
    Joe Sacher

Comment

• monte
      Forum Windbag
      • Dec 2002
      • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
      • GI 50-185M

Welcome to the group David. Be safe and enjoy your new saw.
      Monte (another darksider)
      Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• dgee28
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006
        • San Jose, CA
        • BT3100

Thank you

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragemets. I just signed up to take a beginning woodworking class at the Sunnyvale Rec Center. I am looking forward to learn my way around power tools.

David

Comment

• venkatbo
          Established Member
          • Jan 2006
          • Cupertino, CA, USA.

Originally posted by dgee28
          ... I just signed up to take a beginning woodworking class at the Sunnyvale Rec Center. I am looking forward to learn my way around power tools...
          David
          Hi David,

Just in case you are interested... San Jose City College has semesterly courses on things like Cabinet Making, Framing etc... where they teach a skill and the proper use of these tools in a very structured manner - classes, h/w, tests, building real cabinets, framing, etc... - thought you may want to know. I'm in one of those classes and enjoying it... The best ~$100 I've spent in my life... Nice to know our taxes are at work

Best,
          /venkat

Comment

• John Hunter
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Lake Station, IN, USA.
            • BT3000 & BT3100

Welcome aboard David!
            John Hunter

Comment

Working...