X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Mar 2004
    • Northern NJ, USA.
    • BT3100

Safety!!!

This should go without saying, but everyone new and old alike, but especially new, must remember safety!!! These things (not just ryobi, but any table saw, or any power saw for that matter) will remove various body parts without abandon!

I lost the tip of my middle finger (about 1/2") a few years back with a (ryobi!)circular saw when I didn't take the time to clamp a piece down or otherwise steady the work. (My wife foudn the tip in the grass and it was reattched, but 1/4" shorter and no feeling). Now I read about 1IndexOnly and Agent511 onthis board who have either lost digits or been seriously injured for perhaps not thinking the cut through. There are others here who have had similar injuries.

I know, we'll all forget about this in a few days or weeks, but lets all take the time to think about it. These accidents happen when you least expect it, usually not on the most dangerous or difficult cut, but often on the easy one. You know, the almost done or just beginning "let me make a little cut here and then I'll...."

Seriously, until we all own SawStop saws, everyone needs to be careful!

curt j.
    A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!
  • agent511
    Established Member
    • Jun 2005
    • Philadelphia
    • TS3650

well said!
    darksider

Comment

Working...