Board Buddy on Bt3100

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jrow
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2005
    • 19
    • Chesapeake, VA.

    #1

    Board Buddy on Bt3100

    I wanted to know if anyone has installed Board Buddies on their rip fence and if so what is your opinion of them? They are sold by Woodcraft and are supposed to prevent kick back and help hold down the wood.

    Jim R
  • tpratt
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2004
    • 89
    • Lowell, MA.

    #2
    I really like them

    Comment

    • jrow
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2005
      • 19
      • Chesapeake, VA.

      #3
      Thanks for posting the picture. How did you attach the board to the top of the rip fence? Type of screw?

      Jim R

      Comment

      • tpratt
        Forum Newbie
        • Jun 2004
        • 89
        • Lowell, MA.

        #4
        The accessory kit came with t-nuts for mounting the router fence attachments and various screws/bolts.

        Sorry for the way-oversized photo. I cropped it.

        Comment

        • Scottydont
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • 2359
          • Edmonds, WA, USA.
          • Delta Industrial Hybrid

          #5
          I bought UMHW plates at the Woodworking Show and mounted it to the fence with T nuts. They can make cutting thin strips a PITA so I opted to make a tall fence and use featherboards on the fence and in my miter slot. I liked that set up much better. Here is a pic anyway.

          Scott
          "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

          Edmonds WA

          No coffee, no worky!

          Comment

          • WEG
            Established Member
            • Nov 2003
            • 298
            • Nahant, MA.

            #6
            Hi Guys;
            I'm not trying to steal the thread, but...
            Another vote for "GRRRIPPER"...I think this is the best table saw accessory ever made.
            Happy New Year!
            WEG

            Comment

            • Crockett
              Established Member
              • Mar 2003
              • 253
              • Buffalo, NY, USA.
              • BT3100

              #7
              I'm with WEG on the Grrripper!
              Happy New Year everyone.
              Al
              Al

              Comment

              • monte
                ***** Windbag
                • Dec 2002
                • 5242
                • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
                • GI 50-185M

                #8
                I use a combination of feather boards. Very inexpensive.
                Monte (another darksider)
                Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

                http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

                Comment

                • softop41
                  Established Member
                  • Jul 2004
                  • 470
                  • Plainfield, IL, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

                  #9
                  Grrrrippers are grrrrrreat!
                  Jerry
                  Jerry
                  Making High Quality Sawdust in Northeast Plainfield

                  Comment

                  Working...