Delta Miter Saw ZCTP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • axio
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • 459
    • Castro Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3100-1

    #1

    Delta Miter Saw ZCTP

    I picked up the $60 Black Friday sale at Lowes, a Delta MS250 Miter saw. Unfortunately, it comes pretty bare. No ZCTP, no hold-down for the workpiece, and no extension wings.

    I bought a hold-down from HD for $13. What can I do about the ZCTP? I tried searching on EBay even, and no luck... went to HD and Sears and they don't carry accessories for it either.

    Any suggestions? I understand I could use a thin piece of plywood to place underneath the entire workpiece, but I was hoping for something more permanent.
  • mater
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • 4197
    • SC, USA.

    #2
    Here is a thread about ZCTP. It should help.

    http://www.bt3central.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=27168
    Ken aka "mater"

    " People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

    Ken's Den

    Comment

    • Tom Miller
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • 2507
      • Twin Cities, MN
      • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

      #3
      Don't know if this'll help you with a Delta, but I figured out that the TP on my Makita SCMS (LS1013) can be replaced with 1/4" hardboard cut to the correct length and width. Needless to say, it was extremely easy to make, and it just drops in.

      The reason I wanted to replace the TP was because it wasn't ZC.

      Regards,
      Tom

      Comment

      • axio
        Established Member
        • Feb 2005
        • 459
        • Castro Valley, CA, USA.
        • BT3100-1

        #4
        Thanks guys. I actually saw that thread and was considering making one as well. This one is almost an L shape, with the short end of the L having two screws in it that screw into the base of the MS. The long part of the L is currently empty. There's not TP at all there. I was contemplating trying to make an L, I just didn't know how stable it'd be on the long part of the L since there's no inset for it. It's just an empty space, about 1/2".

        Comment

        • jnesmith
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2003
          • 892
          • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

          #5
          I have the same saw; same deal. Here's a pic:



          Like you said, there's no inset in which to place a TP. I haven't thought of a solution.

          John

          Comment

          • frumper64
            Established Member
            • Feb 2004
            • 376
            • Garland, Tx, USA.

            #6
            How about a piece of 1/4" hardboard covering the table and fastened down with 2 sided tape to the table area outside the revolving part? Just cut down through it and you have a ZCTP. It might not be pretty, but it should work
            Jim
            64sedan_at_gmail.com

            Comment

            • Wood_workur
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2005
              • 1914
              • Ohio
              • Ryobi bt3100-1

              #7
              have a piece of wood on the sides that don't revolve. Now cut a wedge of the same wood that will fit over the rotating table, but still allow the table to rotate all the way to the right and left.
              Alex

              Comment

              • Wood_workur
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2005
                • 1914
                • Ohio
                • Ryobi bt3100-1

                #8
                Put a piece of wood on the sides that don't revolve. Now cut a wedge of the same wood that will fit over the rotating table, but still allow the table to rotate all the way to the right and left. Now you have a ZCTP that will work at all miter angles.
                Alex

                Comment

                • bhornberger
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 204
                  • Webster Groves, Mo, USA.
                  • Craftsman 22104

                  #9


                  Shopnotes #67 - Looked interesting. The ZCTP is removable
                  Brent

                  Comment

                  Working...