• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

Had the same problem the other day. I was cutting a piece of lyptus and I didn't square it up first. It was an 8 foot board. Although it wasn't rough cut it wasn't perfectly square and I didn't joint the edge. So I wasnt to worried about getting a parallel piece of wood just a strip with one relatively straight edge about 1 1/2 inches wide to glue to another piece of wood then cut the thick piece straight. Once I got about 2 feet into the cut the blade had some trouble. THe board didn't want to move and the blade kept slowing down. Anytime I try cutting wood before I joint it and flatten it up I have some degree of ummm I wouldn't say trouble but its obviosly harder on the blade. And harder to push through the blade.
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• RickT
      Established Member
      • Jun 2003

I had a similar problem with some 3/4" birch ply. I realized that I had mounted my Shark riving knife at a slight angle (lower in the back) and so the plywood was caught under the Shark clamp/support.:0] I've since leveled it and eliminated the binding. Of course raising the blade a bit fixed it immediately.
      Rick

Comment

Working...