Any of you use the router with the BT3100?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheHinge
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2005
    • Georgia, USA.

Any of you use the router with the BT3100?

It says in the book that came with the router attachment set that it used an RE600 Ryobi router. I can't find those anywhere. Anyone use anything else?
  • Popeye
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Woodbine, Ga
    • Grizzly 1023SL

Mine is set up for TWO. I've got a Milwaukee bodygrip and a Dewalt set up in mine. You can use the base off of any router as a template to mount it in the BT. Pat
    Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Derrick
      Established Member
      • Jul 2005
      • Kansas City
      • BT3100

You can use any number of routers as long you have the mounting plate. You might have to drill the holes in the plate but that is easy enough. Check out the FAQ section. It has most of the answers that newbie,s like me are looking for. I have a Porter Cable 690 on my BT. Mounted it with no problem with the help of people on this forum.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

I have an older Craftsman mounted in my BT3. Comes in handy for small jbs when I don't want to get the router table out or those times when I need 2 different profiles on a project.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

You can use any router you want, you just have to make the router mounting base for it. I've used both a DeWalt and a Porter Cable in my acc. table.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• autiger1
            • Jan 2003
            • Tampa, Florida, USA.

I use a Makita....you simply need to drill the mouting plate.

Comment

• TheHinge
              Forum Newbie
              • Aug 2005
              • Georgia, USA.

Thanks! I had an old Craftsman that I found fit it.

Comment

• John Hunter
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                • BT3000 & BT3100

I use a Ryobi 161 (1 1/2 HP 1/4") and a Ryobi 180 (2 HP 1/2")
                John Hunter

Comment

• Stan
                  • Mar 2004
                  • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                  • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Fillin' in for Thom2 while he's off playing hillbilly in the woods.....

There is an article available here on BT3Central of a template that shows the measurements and shape of an Accessory Table Router Mounting Plate by Jim Frye.

I used 1/4" Baltic Birch plywood and this template to hang a Hitachi M12V off the Acc. Table with no problems at all. 3/8" aluminum would work a bit better, but I didn't have any laying around so the Baltic Birch ply had to do.
                  From the NW corner of Montana.
                  http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• stlouis

I own a Ryobi BT3100 table saw. I also bought the Ryobi 8-piece accessory kit (with router mounting plate).
                    I think the dust collector bag works great with the saw, but that's another story.

I found that the Craftsman Professional Router Combo Kit (Sears part 926620) fits the Ryobi-kit router mounting plate without any modification.

On the other hand, despite what I think I read in another post, I can tell you that the Bosch Combination Router Pack 1617EVSPK does not match up to the Ryobi-kit router plate.

Neither did any of the other popular router samples on the shelf at Lowes and Sears. I must have checked the plate out against about a dozen other routers made by Craftsman, Dewalt, Bosch, Hitachi, and PC. It didn't fit any of these.

So, seeing as you've already bought the Ryobi accessory kit, I would suggest you go with the Craftsman Professional Router Combo for a perfect fit. I hope this helps you with your decision.

Comment

• lrogers
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Mobile, AL. USA.
                      • BT3000

I used the accessory table and an older Craftsman for several years. Not to long ago, I mounted a larger table between the rails and hung the big Hitachi under it. Saves a bunch of space.
                      Larry R. Rogers
                      The Samurai Wood Butcher
                      http://splash54.multiply.com
                      http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• vaking
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2005
                        • Montclair, NJ, USA.
                        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Larry (lrogers),
                        I am drafting a similar plan now (mounting a router table between rails). I am currently using accessory table with M12V but I have a Craftsman professional table from the time before I got BT3100 and it is now collecting dust. I am thinking that 340 square inches of aluminum top might be better than phenolic plate. I'd like to ask you few questions if you don't mind:
                        Space between rails is about 22". Any decent table is bigger in its long dimension. Did you turn the table (and fence) along the rails?
                        Is your table mounted to rails or standing on a base? Are you able to remove the table and use externally if you want? Is your table on the end of rails or in the middle?
                        Thanks,
                        Alex V

Comment

• bigfoot15
                          Established Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • edmonton, alberta, Canada.
                          • BT3100

quote:Originally posted by TheHinge

It says in the book that came with the router attachment set that it used an RE600 Ryobi router. I can't find those anywhere. Anyone use anything else?
                          the craftman fits because it is made by Ryobi in most cases.
                          BORG sells the 600, but i think any Ryobi will fit.
                          patience is a virtue I can\'t wait to have

Comment

Working...