Ryobi Router Table

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mainemarc
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 673
    • Portland, ME, USA.

    #16
    For the beginner with limited funds and space, I think mounting a router to the BT accessory table and adding a shop-built fence gives the best bang for the buck.
    Marc

    Comment

    • axio
      Established Member
      • Feb 2005
      • 459
      • Castro Valley, CA, USA.
      • BT3100-1

      #17
      I have one of these. Not the brand new one I've seen at HD, but the one they had on sale for $80-89 earlier this year. It included a Ryobi router as well. The router works ok, esp. for my first one, but I'm finding that I wish I didn't go with the beginer step and just got a PC or Bosch router in the first place.

      The table itself is ok, but the fence just isn't long. Overall, it's not a bad buy IMO, but you're probably find that you're gonna want to upgrade from this setup. I DO like it though, I just havne't found a need to get anything better at this point. It's served me well for a few projects so far, including random jigs, a chess table (which I hope to be able to post up here soon on the finished projects section), and a remodeling job for a friend's house where I used it to do a build-in bookshelf and molding.

      Comment

      • Mainemarc
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2003
        • 673
        • Portland, ME, USA.

        #18
        quote:Originally posted by axio

        . . . It's served me well for a few projects so far, including random jigs, a chess table (which I hope to be able to post up here soon on the finished projects section), and a remodeling job for a friend's house where I used it to do a build-in bookshelf and molding.
        Definitely interested in seeing some of your projects, Axio.
        Marc

        Comment

        • axio
          Established Member
          • Feb 2005
          • 459
          • Castro Valley, CA, USA.
          • BT3100-1

          #19
          the chess table needs just one more coat of poly, probably applied tonight, then i'm gonna wait the two weeks for it to cure and then do the automotive rubbing compound and then wax method for the shine. It's really my first real BT3 project... the built-in bookcase, I havne' had a chance to take pics of the final project yet, but I'll check with my friend to see if he took any.

          Comment

          • monte
            ***** Windbag
            • Dec 2002
            • 5242
            • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
            • GI 50-185M

            #20
            A few years ago they had a similar table that came with a 1/4" router that wasn't such a bad deal. It wasn't the best but it worked well for many as a starter unit. I have a friend that bought one and used it until he could build something better and it worked fine.
            Monte (another darksider)
            Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

            http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

            Comment

            Working...