• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

A Couple of 'Grown Up' Toys

Flogger and Cat-O-Nine Tails. Handles are Purpleheart finished with precatalyzed lacquer. Falls are 3-4 oz. suede leather.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Flogger and Cat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	839596
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Well, now...I'm just going to say nice job and leave it at that.

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Actually, I've got a question. How do you keep the leathery bits secured inside handles?

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

On the flogger there is 1" of leather that is uncut. That is glued and rolled up before being put in the socket and the inside of the socket is coated with glue. There is a flat head wood screw in the center of the roll that, as it's inserted, pushes the rolled up leather against the inside of the socket. For the 'Cat' the uncut leather is glued and wrapped around a pin turned on the end of the handle. I am going to go back and secure the end of the roll with a couple of brass nails.

On the flogger I am thinking of removing the screw and drilling through the roll just far enough to get into the opposite side of the socket, but not all the way through, then epoxy a brass pin in place. If I go this route I will add two more pins part way in for deorative purposes.
        Last edited by Pappy; 06-07-2020, 04:37 PM.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

Working...