• Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

BluRay shelf

At this rate I'm going to have to go buy more wood soon. I built this over the long weekend and had enough time left over to power wash the house yesterday. I used cherry and for the back just some cheap sandply. I finished one side of it and it looked yellow so I made that the back. The unfinished side is facing the front. Maybe I should have got some cherry veneer. I figured you can't see it once the shelves are full.
    Attached Files
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.
  • Slik Geek
    • Dec 2006
    • Lake County, Illinois
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Looks good. The base is interesting. I noticed that it is deeper (extends out the front). Is that for stability purposes?

Comment

• onedash
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Maryland
      • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by Slik Geek
      Looks good. The base is interesting. I noticed that it is deeper (extends out the front). Is that for stability purposes?
      Yes. I stuck a couple shims under the front so it actually leans back a little. I should probably use a wall anchor on top.
      YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

That looks classy!

Please go ahead and use a wall anchor at the top. I actually saw a friend's daughter, a little girl of 6, get hurt when she tried to get something from a higher shelf, and sorta climbed onto it and brought everything crashing on her. Fortunately just minor injuries because the shelf was small (from Kmart, I think), but could have been worse.
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

• billwmeyer
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Weir, Ks, USA.
          • BT3000

That looks great!
          "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

Working...