• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Scrap plywood hole saw box.

I have the blogger writeup for this HERE.

This is just a quick and dirty, nothing to brag about other than maybe to give some folks some ideas kind of project. Took me all of maybe an hour from idea to finished not including running to Home Depot for the catch...

Construction is simple 3/4" sheathing grade plywood scrap I had laying around, cut to size, and simply screwed together. The threaded part that holds the hole saws together in the package from the factory is installed in the bottom and the hole saws screw to it. The largest hole saw is 4.25" so the inside dimensions are 4.5x4.5 inches...

The hinges were a bit of an odd size, so I had to push the top up to make the hinges mount right. In order to avoid a slanting top, I cut and glued a foot of sorts out of tempered hardboard to the front bottom of the lid. The catch is a simple hook and staple arrangement from Home Depot...

I don't recall who actually recommended them, but it was a BT3Central member, I was leery, but so far so good. These Warrior hole saws look like they might just be another Harbor Freight gem, and are polar opposites of the Drill Master units I had...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...