X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Stage setup

I volunteered to help design and build for the Christmas play at our church, because apparently I'm an idiot. Came up with this idea on the spot, and translated it to Sketchup.

I bought all the materials on Thursday for this project and a picnic table project. This one involved two sheets of 3/4" shop ply, 12 2x4x10', 3 2x4x8' and some 2" screws. Behold the dimensional lumber for both projects cut the same day. I love my new miter saw.

I cut the 10' sections into 6' and 4', and took the remaining 8' and did a 30º bevel on them. The plywood was cut into 10 pieces - larger serving as the base, and the smaller serving as the 'roof'.

Yesterday, I went up to the church to get it set up. Unfortunately it all has to come down Wedensday until the day of the play. Another church member took on the door, and he did a great job.

It's going to be painted and dressed up a bit, but you can sorta see how a thought gets translated from what I see, to what I see on my screen to what reality is. In this case, it's fairly close. Proud of the effort.

I have a little blog about my shop
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Very nice! I've built set pieces and there's a real knack to it.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Great job!! It translated perfectly
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Rand