Thein cyclone (my last ever MDF project)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Thein cyclone (my last ever MDF project)

There used to be a time where I liked MDF. That time is long past. It makes me feel ill, it gets everywhere, and is a pain to clean up. Which makes it ironic that this project that I made it out of is a Thein cyclone.

My pictures are too wide to post here, so I'll link to my post on it.

Works great. Now I won't have the can fill up on me after a couple passes with the planer.
    I have a little blog about my shop
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Trash day was this morning, and I've been taking the opportunity every week to clear out some of my refuse from the latest remodel and other projects. The last ready bag got tossed, and there was room for another bag so I decided to empty out the cyclone.

The can was about half full (nominal, 2/3-3/4 to the bottom lid of the cyclone), and it went into a bag for disposal. I decided to check the vac for any blow-by and the results are below.

Nice that I can empty the can once a week or so instead of several times during the course of a project.

Going to pick up a Cleanstream filter today, as my filter is just about covered.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• wardprobst
      • Jan 2006
      • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
      • Craftsman 22811

I always hated MDF also, I have patched a lot of piano cabinets made from it through the years. Two things changed my mind:
      1) an Oneida dust collector
      2) Rod Kirby (see the archives for things he's made down under)

DP
      www.wardprobst.com

Comment

Working...