• Show
Clear All
  • Poobah
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2010
    • SoCal
    • BT3100

New table top for my BT3100

It's been a while since I messed around with my mobile saw base setup, but I got sick of slightly crooked cuts and and misaligned miter slots.

Here is the beautiful result:

The top is still 1/32 to 1/16 to high, which would be a problem with small/narrow cuts. I really didn't feel like routing out that much again from the underside. Will do that in a few days.

My top had been keys to the Incra rails, but in a moment of unusual clarity I realized the top of the Ryobi rails would make a wonderful rest and indexing point for the table top.

I used two sets of rear rails mounted with the normal bottom facing up. Tha gave me a wonderfully stable and accurate place to rest my table top. I can't remember exactly, but it's about 1 1/2 inches to the table top from there.
  • Dal300
    Banned
    • Aug 2011
    • East Central Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Wow!

What can I saw..... That's just Purtiful!

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Super upgrades!
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Did you use any metal strips in or under the table, for support? I am thinking this post will come up again in the future, when someone asks about using another fence with the saw (one future method).
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• herb fellows
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • New York City
          • bt3100

Sure is pretty! Nicely done!
          You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Poobah
            Forum Newbie
            • Sep 2010
            • SoCal
            • BT3100

Here is a picture of the underside.

I hadn't thought about using supports beyond the rails, but maybe that would be wise. The top is 1.5 inches of MDF though. I would think that is pretty strong.

I was using a 1 inch MDF top help on only with 4 small Incra supports attached to the rails and it didn't warp appreciably.

Comment

Working...