• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

A Fun Quick Project

Put this up today. The instructions assumed you'd bought and erected the playhouse kit from the same company so I had to make some adaptations. They also called for 5/4 stock - I've never heard of 5/4 treated so had to adapt again for regular 2x6s. The board spanning the base keeps the base from racking. Not that it is a huge problem if it does, I just had a piece that was the right length. Now I am wondering about safety - the woodchips are softer than a 2x6.

David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Hellrazor
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Abyss, PA
    • Ridgid R4512

David,

Thats looking good, were the instructions better than those from HF? They make a 5/4"x6" bullnose treated deckboard.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

The instructions were very good - they gave dimensions for all the parts. The actually assembly just assumed you had this company's playhouse kit to start with.

After I posted this I was out standing on my deck and it occurred to me that the deck boards I was standing on were 5/4".

My daughter had a playdate today and now wants a climbing wall. And a tire swing
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

Now the fun begins. You'll be busy putting in all the accessories. Trains, cars, boats, etc.

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• billwmeyer
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Weir, Ks, USA.
          • BT3000

Looks great. I was always going to build one for my grandkids, but never got to do it. They have about outgrown it now.

Bill
          "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

Working...