Clear All
  • stormdog74
    Established Member
    • Mar 2007
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
    stormdog74:
    i only had 3/4" rock in the side yard at first. i just cleared all the rock in the area where i wanted the path, and just dropped in the 1/4" minus (which is crushed rock dirt with maybe 30% of it being 1/4" or less size rocks). i put down about 2" to 2/1" thick layer of this stuff. compacted it with a tamper, then watered it and let it sit until the surface was somewhat dry and then retamped the pathway to get it in firm. the srounding 3/4" rock which is about 2" thick as well is what formed the border for the pathway. if you dont want any of the side rock making its way onto the pathway, you can put a border made out of brick on edge, pavers, rip rap rock, it all depends on what is the look you are after. i used rip rap where ever i raised the side yard walkway by about a 12" when i did my landscaping, here are a couple of pictures:
    Thanks for the great new pictures and the tips - they will help when I, eventually, get to this project!

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

That looks very nice indeed. And it does look like a lot of hard work. That 1/4" minus as you call it looks like something local we have here called Carolina gravel.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• mater
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • SC, USA.

That looks great. Very nice job.
        Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

Working...