Xmas Presents #3 & 4 (the turned sort)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hoakie
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 382
    • Iowa
    • Craftsman 21829

    #1

    Xmas Presents #3 & 4 (the turned sort)

    Here are the pens/pencils I turned for my Dad (teak) and Brother (the Bears fan). These are still in the first 20 pens I've turned so I'm still learning and the proportions a bit off in each set but oh well, I feel good about them so that's what really matters....right?


    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Hoakie/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/WW%20Projects/New%20Folder/bearsPens.jpg[/IMG]

    P.S. Thanks to those who suggested ways to keep me from splitting the Teak. I think the culprits were dull tools, poor gluing and overtightened mandrel nut....experience matters.
    John
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #2
    That is really nice work.

    You know, after seeing all the pics of turned pens recently I think I will seriously think about getting the lathe going next year. That way Christmas will be easy - just make a bunch of pens.
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

    Comment

    • lrogers
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • 3853
      • Mobile, AL. USA.
      • BT3000

      #3
      I like! That last one on the right is especially nice.
      Larry R. Rogers
      The Samurai Wood Butcher
      http://splash54.multiply.com
      http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

      Comment

      • John Hunter
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • 2034
        • Lake Station, IN, USA.
        • BT3000 & BT3100

        #4
        very nice work.
        John Hunter

        Comment

        • SARGE..g-47

          #5
          Very nice, Hoakie... You and Rags have gotten my attention on this "turning thang" in the last few days.

          Enjoy turning em as I'm sure the recipients will enjoy recieving em..

          Comment

          Working...