• BT3000 & BT3100

Very nice.
      John Hunter

Comment

• Donna Menke
        Forum Newbie
        • Jun 2007
        • Near Austin, Texas
        • Jet Contractors saw with X-Acta fence, cast iron wings and side table extension. Forrest WW2 blade

The puzzle boxes are fun to do- but not particularly difficult. You do need to have a 1/16" blade though.
        The Ultimate Box is not that easy, and it can get confusing with so many 'parts' to keep track of, but I think most experienced woodworkers can handle that.
        For a real challenge try the Butterfly Box. I think that out of a 1-10 rating it is a 12.
        I want to thank Jonathan for referring me to this site. You all have some very interesting posts here. I'm glad I've found such a neat group of folks.
        Popeye- This is the first Ultimate Box I've seen so far- and it is a beauty. Did you laminate 5 boards horizontally? Very interesting board. Did you buy it or is it found wood? Do you mind if I post your box photo to the photo site I have for showcasing the boxes done from the book? It will be a great addition. If anyone else out there would like to included just post a photo, or send it to me and I'll be happy to include it there. Here is the link:
        http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...Photo%20Album/
        Many thanks for the nice comments about my book- I'm curious about where everyone who has the book bought it. Donna
        Donna Menke
        www.woodworks-by-donna.com
        Author: The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book
        Safety is no accident.

Comment

• Popeye
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Woodbine, Ga
          • Grizzly 1023SL

Popeye- This is the first Ultimate Box I've seen so far- and it is a beauty. Did you laminate 5 boards horizontally? Very interesting board. Did you buy it or is it found wood? Do you mind if I post your box photo to the photo site I have for showcasing the boxes done from the book? It will be a great addition. If anyone else out there would like to included just post a photo, or send it to me and I'll be happy to include it there. Here is the link:
          http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...Photo%20Album/
          Many thanks for the nice comments about my book- I'm curious about where everyone who has the book bought it. Donna[/quote]
          I bought a bunch of spalted maple boards last summer without a clue what I was going to do with any of it... but the price was right
          Normally I laminate the box up all one way but I didn't think that would look right on this one. This one I laminated 5 pieces of 3/4" horizontally and one vertically (across the front) the end grain on the horizonal boards could have been matched better but... oh well. Post the pic where-ever you like.
          I bought the book from Amason.com on Ken's recomendation. Pat
          Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Popeye
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Woodbine, Ga
            • Grizzly 1023SL

Donna, I learned to read a long time ago, you'd think at the young age of 54 that I'd have learned to pay better attention to what I was reading
            I didn't realize till Stan pointed it out in the chat that I'd replied to a post by the books author.
            Since you're here, thanks for the nice compliment and I'll see if I can do some of your other boxes justice down the road. The book will keep busy in between larger projects for some time. Thank you for a very fine book. Pat

Comment

• Donna Menke
              Forum Newbie
              • Jun 2007
              • Near Austin, Texas
              • Jet Contractors saw with X-Acta fence, cast iron wings and side table extension. Forrest WW2 blade

Popeye- that was funny. Yup, I promised my 'customers' that I would not disappear and would always be around to answer questions. So here I am. I also have a forum about the book where people can share ideas and variations on the book. http://theubsbbook.proboards78.com/index.cgi So far just a couple of people have participated, but I expect that there will be more action as more people use the book. I went over the published book with a fine-toothed comb to see what errors and typos I could find. There weren't many, and what there were were not significant, but I noted them on the forum by project and made any other suggestions as they occurred to me. Little things like maybe to do the steps in a different order. Optional things. Anyhow, I would be delighted if more people commented on any problems (or successes) they had with the book and projects.
              What do you think your next box from the book will be? Donna
              Donna Menke
              Safety is no accident.

Comment

• Stan
                • Mar 2004
                • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Originally posted by Donna Menke
                Popeye- that was funny. Yup, I promised my 'customers' that I would not disappear and would always be around to answer questions. So here I am. I also have a forum about the book where people can share ideas and variations on the book.
                Donna
                Great service for what I'm sure is a great book (I haven't gotten mine yet -- but soon).

And.... welcome to BT3Central.
                From the NW corner of Montana.
                http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• Donna Menke
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Near Austin, Texas

Hi Stan- thanks for the welcome. I was up in your neck of the woods just last year when I was visiting my grown son in Sandpoint, Idaho. We went through NW Montana to view some great scenery.
                  And Pat- I was looking through your photos and it is amazing to me how many projects you have built. I liked the pictures of your shop too- especially the Powermatic band saw. I wish I had a saw with a blower like that to keep my plan lines clear of sawdust. Why did you remove the covers from the base? Donna
                  Donna Menke
                  Safety is no accident.

Comment

• Popeye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2003
                    • Woodbine, Ga
                    • Grizzly 1023SL

And Pat- I was looking through your photos and it is amazing to me how many projects you have built. I liked the pictures of your shop too- especially the Powermatic band saw. I wish I had a saw with a blower like that to keep my plan lines clear of sawdust. Why did you remove the covers from the base? Donna[/quote]
                    Powermatic band saw??? , better check the shop, maybe my green Harbor Freight saw morphed like a butterfly. Pat

Comment

• Donna Menke
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Near Austin, Texas

Oops- well it looked Powermatic mustard yellow to me in that photo. How do you like your HF saw? Obviously it must do at least an adequate job for all the work you do with it. Of course, I always contend that the blade is the most important part of a band saw anyway- it does, after all, do the cutting. What brand of blade do you use. I've had good results with the Timberwolf blades. Donna
                      Donna Menke
                      Safety is no accident.

Comment

• Popeye
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2003
                        • Woodbine, Ga
                        • Grizzly 1023SL

Oops- well it looked Powermatic mustard yellow to me in that photo. How do you like your HF saw? Obviously it must do at least an adequate job for all the work you do with it. Of course, I always contend that the blade is the most important part of a band saw anyway- it does, after all, do the cutting. What brand of blade do you use. I've had good results with the Timberwolf blades. Donna
                        Just checked, BS didn't change colors Santa didn't sneak in on me. Tuned, the HF saw works fine, a better saw is on my wish list but it's a low priorty. I've been using TW blades since I got this saw a couple of years ago. Pat

Comment

• Stan
                          • Mar 2004
                          • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                          • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Hi Stan- thanks for the welcome. I was up in your neck of the woods just last year when I was visiting my grown son in Sandpoint, Idaho. We went through NW Montana to view some great scenery.
                          Donna
                          Excellent. If you ever get up this way again, give me a holler. I'll buy the coffee and act like one of them thar tourist guide sorta folks -- if you'll autograph a book for me...

Comment

• Stan
                            • Mar 2004
                            • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                            • BT3100, Delta 36-717

And Pat... You been holding out on us???

A Powermatic????

Comment

• Donna Menke
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Near Austin, Texas

Gee Stan- that is too good an offer to pass up. I'll be happy to autograph my book for you- no matter where you bought it- when I'm next in that area. Of course every one that I sell from here gets a nice dedication and autograph as a matter of course. I kid my customers that I'd pay them to let me write in their books. lol
                              My next trip is in August to MN for CarveFest, and then to MA where I'll be demoing and signing books at a Woodcraft. No rest for the wicked.
                              btw- I posted a link to this forum on the bandsawboxes group and you are gaining some good new members here. I was surprised to learn that this forum was started just for a Ryobi table saw! It sure has grown to be a great overall woodworking site. It was amazing to see the great photo album that Popeye had- hosted by this site. Good going- to whoever runs this thing. Donna Menke
                              Donna Menke
                              Safety is no accident.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2002
                                • Liberty, SC, USA.
                                • Ridgid TS3650

A big welcome to the forum, Donna. Thanks for joining us. I haven't had time to do any of the boxes in your new book, but I've read it front to back several times. I planned to do the Ultimate first but Pat has shamed me out of that idea.
                                Thanks for the link to your forum. Stick around, this is the friendliest and most helpful forum to be found. Your input would be a huge asset.

Comment

Working...