• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Please step forward

A year ago I found someone on this website who had built the display case featured in the September 2003 issue of Wood Magazine. He had documented the build on his website. In fact I had pm'd him about it. Would that person please ID his self so I can go on his website and read his documentation as I am getting ready to start building the display case, The magazine article was good but his documentation was better.

Thanks

Tom
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

If you don't hook up with the poster, put up a picture of the display case and we'll see if we can help you.

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

He is one of the regulars just can't remember his name. Senior moment

Tom

Comment

• TheRic
        • Jun 2004
        • West Central Ohio
        • bt3100

It wasn't me.

Have you tried searching?
        Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Tundra_Man
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2003
          • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

Here you go: http://www.tundraman.com/archive/Don...rameLaunch.cfm
          Terry

Life's too short to play an ordinary guitar: Tundra Man Custom Guitars

Comment

• TB Roye
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Sacramento, CA, USA.
            • BT3100

Terry Thank as soon as I saw Tundraman I knew that was it. Instead of using Mahogany I am going to use this Brazilian Cherry or whatever it is that I got from Lumber Liquidators. Now that I have a Jointer and planer I should be able to use it for the cabinet.

Thanks again. Bt3 central come through again

Tom

Just reviewed your article on the website. I think I can do it. Between the magazine and your website and some practice, I have plenty of wood, I should finish is by the 4Th of July. LOML has other project for me and this will keep me from rushing.

Tom
            Last edited by TB Roye; 02-28-2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Tom H
              Forum Newbie
              • Sep 2006

Very nice. To get the plans for this, do I need to go to Wood Magazine's website? This is pretty far out of my skill set right now, but the GF has been talking about a china display case, and we don't have a lot of room in the kitchen. Something tall and narrow like this might be what she wants. I'd definitely use Tundraman's web pictures, but need the measurements.

Tom

Comment

• TB Roye
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

Tom

You can go to the Wood Magazines' website and purchase the back issue for September 2003 that is what I did. Then go to Tundraman's website and bookmark that portion of his site for future reference. Here is the info you need www.woodstore.woodmall.com/backissues.html

Tom
                Last edited by TB Roye; 02-28-2007, 06:58 PM. Reason: added website

Comment

• Tom H
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Sep 2006

Cool. Thanks Tom. I'll be interested in seeing your cabinet, and hearing about the project. Sounds like you'll be taking your time...so would I.

It looks like we could spend a lot of time looking at Tundra's site....he builds a lot of stuff. Thanks again!

Tom

Comment

Working...