• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Micro Adjuster for BT3000

This is a relatively unique manufacturer accessory for Table saws that Ryobi sold for the BT3000.
    The Microadjuster is great for making precisely adjustable changes to the rip width of an item. It locks to the front rail and uses a 16 TPI graduated adjustments with 1/64th inch markings to move the rip fence right or left.

THere are three of them current on sale at eBay for $32 to 40 bucks, multiple units available
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw= BT3000+microadjuster&_sacat=0

I find mine a very worthwhile tool.
    Some days I want to rip a very precise fit.
    I make a test cut and check the width with some calipers.
    I subtract the desired width and get the difference in thousandsth of an inch.
    The screw adjustment on MicroAdjuster has four marks around its circumference aligning to a mark on the body. Its actually easy to move in half division increments. ( in fact the ones on eBay have 8 marks per rotation)
    Each mark is 1/64th inch or .016" since the screw thread is 16 threads per inch.
    So I feel like I can dial into about .008" which is very accurate for wood.
    Make sure when you creep up you try and go in the same direction (i.e. undercorrect) so that you don't have to deal with backlash or hysteresis.

If My test cut is 0.036" too wide, I move the fence left (turn knob clockwise) two marks (should move it .032") . Like I said I feel like I easily have command of hald a mark accuracy or .008"

These are apparently aftermarket clones of the Ryobi parts. And available in metric (mm) or inch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	619.1 KB ID:	857932
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-10-2024, 11:32 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
Working...