X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • utvolsfan
    Handtools only
    • Jan 2014

On Board Receptacle Problems

It seems there's a problem with the receptacle on my saw. If I have the motor cord plugged into the saw receptacle and the power cord plugged into the wall outlet the saw has no power. If I bypass the saw receptacle and plug the motor cord into an external power strip and plug the strip into the wall outlet the saw will work. I'm thinking there's a loose or broken wire in the receptacle but haven't taken it apart to see yet. Is the saw receptacle repairable or replaceable?
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

It could be either the outlet or the switch. If you have a multi-meter you could check each. Both are replaceable. Some saws has a recall on the power switch. Which saw do you have?

Welcome to BT3Central!
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• utvolsfan
      Handtools only
      • Jan 2014

I just replaced the switch thinking that would solve the problem but I still have the same issue. Can the receptacle be taken apart?

Comment

• cork58
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Wasilla, AK, USA.
        • BT3000

Yea its not hard, I took mine apart on both saws when I moved my new switch's to the left side. Be sure you reattach the ground wire to the little screw.
        Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I don't have any input on your problem but I did want to say that I like your screen name. Go VOLS!
          Richard

Comment

• utvolsfan
            Handtools only
            • Jan 2014

Thanks cork58, hopefully I'll be able to find out what's wrong with it by opening it up.

phrog, it's been difficult to be a Vols fan for the last several years but I'm still optimistic we'll turn it around soon!

Comment

Working...