X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob0244
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2013

Splitter for the BT3000

I'd like to get a splitter for my saw, but at this time, I don't believe I'll find one for sale.
    Can anybody suggest a drawing to make one?
    Thanks
    Bob
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

I make and sell the riving knives out of stainless steel now.
    Here is a pdf for a pattern if you want to make your own.
    Disregard the slots at the top. They are for the shark guard.
    Lee

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Lee,
      I don't have to tell you that the drawing you posted is part of your livelihood, and your business depends on your ability to market what you just shared for free. You're a stand-up guy and I'm honored to have gotten to meet you through this forum. If I'd have gotten nothing else out of my BT3000, seeing you post that was worth having owned it and stumbling into this group.

Thanks for that.

earl

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

Thanks, Earl.
        I have actually had the splitter and riving knife patterns available on my site since the beginning, so nothing new. Whether someone buys it from me or makes it themselves is not really important. The main thing is that they see the need and get something in place before it is too late. I get way too many emails from guys that have already had an accident.
        This forum actually helped me get my start building these guards and other products. I owe a lot to the Membership here for that.

I would actually prefer that manufacturers take it on to provide what most customers want and need instead of something that will be dismissed and not used. I have quite a few more products that I would like to offer, but I am simply far too busy just making blade guards.
        Lee

Comment

• Bob0244
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2013

Splitter for BT3000

Thanks for the quick reply Lee. It took me a long time to get at my computer though...
          Earl is 100% right. This was very selfless of you, and I appreciate it.
          I haven`t had an accident with a table-saw yet after many, many years of woodworking, but that video of kickback scared the **** out of me.
          I use the original blade guard 95% of the time. I know it takes only one accident to lose your fingers, or hand.
          I believe all the manufacturers should really make a quick toolless install/remove blade guard, so when you have to use a dado blade, the guard is removed and once finished, it is re-installed quickly and effortlessly.
          Anyway, thanks again, and to close, just two more questions:
          1- How much do you sell your splitters?
          2- What is the thickness?
          Bob

Comment

• Bob0244
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2013

Bt3000 splitter

Hi again Lee, please disregard my 2 questions (price and thickness).
            I found all the answers and more at your website, which, by the way, is well made and thoroughly informative.
            I will consider ordering it, probably in the new year.
            Bob

Comment

Working...