• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Strange discovery

I have 2 SMT's and, since for most cross cuts I use a jig, I rarely use the fence with them. Yesterday I was cutting some boards to rough length before jointing them and grabbed the fence. When I put it on, I found the flip up stop was missing. Looked at the other SMT and it was missing the stop, too. Both the excentric srews are in place so somehow both of the stops have broken off without me noticing.

I will order them from e-replacements and will probably pick up some other spare parts at the same time like new lock levers for both SMT's.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

Pappy, I have a new set of those levers here that you can have. I ordered them by mistake several years ago. My FIL is now living right next to us and my old BT3000 is sitting in his shop.
    He is no longer able to get out there to do anything, so I have just acquired the use of all his tools. Basically spares.
    If you send me your mailing address, I'll get them out to you.

He like to turn pens and his lathe is a Penn State model.
    I will set that up for him on his covered back deck when it warms up consistently and then he will have something to do.
    He sure does miss his shop time. Just doesn't have good enough balance any longer to be around tools much. He won't have an issue sitting at a lathe.
    Lee

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Thanks, Lee. Sent you a PM.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

Working...