X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnheslin
    Handtools only
    • Aug 2009

Wet Motor

Sandy flooded my basement and my bt 3100. Saw fires up but and I did a general clean up of the external parts, but I also want to to de-crud the motor. I uncrewed the brush caps--the springs pop up but the brushes dont come out- not sure why. Couple of questions -can I pull the motor without removing the belts? Or if not can I get access by just removing the rear dust cap. Didnt try it bec. I wasnt sure if the brushes had to come out first. Have ben searching around on the site but havent found the answers. Would apprecite any advice.Thanks for your help=
  • cork58
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Wasilla, AK, USA.
    • BT3000

Thanks for reminding me! Its been way to long since I cleaned my motors. The housing comes off the back but I can't remember just how right now. It is a bit tricky but I've done it a few times. I try to blow them out about every 20 hours of use and do a deep cleaning every year, haven't been deep in a couple of years. Guess I better get busy!
    Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• jnheslin
      Handtools only
      • Aug 2009

THX- for the response. I think i figured it out. Cover comes off with 4 screws. Brushes slide off with the cover- mine were stuck in their tracks were bec. of crud- but i was kind of surprised-- motor had a lot of green spots -- I guess corrosion--but overall pretty darn clean. Cleaned everything up, now i have to to reassemble and hope it still works.

Comment

Working...