• Show
Clear All
  • IBBugsy
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Allentown, PA.
    • BT3100

Replace On/Off Switch

Well, after many years and one quick-fix, my On/Off switch failed again today (stays on). I searched this forum but its been a while since anyone posted on this so I was wondering if anything new is out there. I seem to remember that the Rockler switch #20915 has been used by many? I also heard of the Sears foot switch but I only found the one they sell for their scroll saw and its only "on" when the pedal is depressed.

The other thought I've had is to have the switch on the left side of the blade if anyone has a solutin for that...

Thanks!
    Dave - Weekend Garage Junkie
    "I'm no physicist but I know what matters" - Popeye
  • HauntedBranch
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

A couple of months ago my switch fused (again) and, following advice from multiple users on this forum, I called Ryobi and they mailed me a replacement switch which, hopefully, is not subject to the fault of the original. I first called customer service where I was told that the BT3100 had no such problem and I needed to call a local Ryobi repair center. I knew this was not correct but I did as instructed but they knew less about the issue than did I. I again called customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was forwarded to an office which handles safety-related issues and they took care of my problem.

Good luck. There is help available.

Phil

Comment

• IBBugsy
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Allentown, PA.
      • BT3100

Thanks, Phill! I might give it a try. I thought they had stopped replacing them since it's been so long.
      Dave - Weekend Garage Junkie
      "I'm no physicist but I know what matters" - Popeye

Comment

Working...