X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpikaart
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2008

rip fence won't clamp tight

Hey everyone, I've searched and read a bunch, but still can't seem to figure out why my (bt3000) rip fence won't tighten at the back end. The cam's "pusher" does not seem to be bent, but the the handle movement doesn't seem to cause very much movement of the rod--which then isn't enough to really engage the clamp at the back end. I've messed w/ the adjusting screw for the camp, and all it seems to do is make the back of the fence harder to get out of the rails.

Thanks!
    Last edited by tpikaart; 04-10-2011, 11:36 AM.
  • eccentrictinkerer
    • Aug 2007
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • BT-3000, 21829

Check out this thread -

This is the place to ask questions about the Ryobi BT3 series table saws. Please limit the posts to this topic only.

Pay special attention to 'clamper A'.

I have five BT-3000 rip fences (don't ask ) and all of the clampers were bent when I got them.

Straightened them out and they now work fine.

Good luck!
    Last edited by eccentrictinkerer; 04-09-2011, 02:32 PM.
    You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
    of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• tpikaart
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2008

still doesn't work!

Took the cam deallybobber out--bent it straight, and it still ha very little effect on the clamping tab at the back end of the fence. Any other ideas?
      tp

Comment

• tpikaart
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2008

so here's hte deal:

When the set-screw is adjusted all the way in, there is enough clamping action to secure the fence, but...then the set-screw rubs on the plastic--because its angle changes as the rear locking device pivots--sending the screw into the upper part of the little plastic tube that the push rod goes through. The screw then gets stuck and doesn't allow the locking mechanism to pivot and release the c lamp from the rail.

Any ideas? Seems to me that if the rod was a bit longer than it would engage more w/out the need to set the screw so far in.

Comment

Working...