X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjkess1
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2011

extention table

I am thinking of buying the sears version of the 3100. Did Ryobi ever make an extension table for the 3100, which would go on the sears version?
    Thanks
    Carl
  • vaking
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2005
    • Montclair, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

Ryobi makes "wide table kit" - a set of 42" rails and mounting hardware for them that double the length of original ryobi rails. It comes with instructions how to make simple set of stationary legs out of 2x4. Sears version is designed as portable/foldable saw and it is a little bit hard to imagine foldable/portable version of a saw with 7' long rails. If you are willing to remove the saw from a folding base and put it stationary - ryobi kit will fit the sears version. Many people make their own mobil base out of plywood and mount extended rails on it. Look for mobil base plans/designs on this forum.
    Alex V

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

There's a couple sears versions, the one you can buy new now is on a gravity rise stand.

Most all parts will work between the models. There are some differences though. Check this thread for some good details on the rails. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=45948

A full length entension on the new 21829 might be problematic if you want to fold the saw up. I do have a set of half rails attached to mine and I have no problems moving it around. I set the OEM rails about as far as I could to the left of the blade and still fold the stand. Too far left and they'll hit the ground. The half rails with the 48" 21829 rails give me about 5'-9" of length. There's some info & pics in this post: http://www.bt3central.com/showpost.p...92&postcount=7
      Erik

Comment

• cjkess1
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2011

Thanks for the info on the rails. I was thinking of making the saw stationary with the longer rails.
        next question does any body know what the base of the saw is made of it does not say in the sears info is it plastic or metal. My concern was if plastic and you use a 8" full stack dado will it vibrate or twist the plastic base as I use a dado stack a lot with a tenon jig. I have already seen the Ryobi miter slot table which would work fine with my wood river jig.
        Thanks for the help
        Carl

Comment

Working...