• Show
Clear All
  • TCOTTLE
    Established Member
    • May 2009
    • Greenbush Maine
    • Ryobi BT3000

Another BT300 ..?

I currently have a BT3000 with the wide table kit, and no accessories but the dado throat plate, and this saw has a few broken plastic pieces, and a Ridgid R4511.
    I have an opportunity to get a BT3000 with the complete accessory kit for $125.00. I was thinking of setting up my BT as an oufeed table for my ridgid, and using the Bt as a dedicated crosscutting machine with a Forrest WW2 someone gave me, and a rousseau router plate in the wide table add on. Should I just pass this saw by, or is it worth it to have the spare parts. It seems like an ok deal, I know there are mixed reviews on some of the accessory kit parts, but I am leaning that a complete running saw for that price should at least pay for itself if I decide to sell it in the future, but I am not up on the current BT3K market.
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Yea, you're probably right, a complete saw at $125 would pay for itself if sold. If I had the room and the funds I'd probably pick it up too. You might consider mounting the two saws togeather side by side; one set up for your crosscuts and the other with a dado stack and your router setup in the end.
    Erik

Comment

Working...