• Show
Clear All
  • shoottx
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • Plano, Texas
    • BT3000

Bad Clamp-A for rip fence

I haven't been around in awhile, but still using the old BT3K. Here is the latest installment of fixing things!

I was at the local Sears Parts Center for some other replacement parts the other day so I ordered a bunch of parts for the BT3K. After a bunch of really heavy use and neglect it was time to fix a bunch of small issues.

I was tired of monkeying with the rip fence. Replacement parts arrived today.
    I replaced the rear roller holder, Clamp-B and Clamp-A. Adjusted the slides back to snug on the rails, and the tension screw for Clamp-B. Installed the fence, locked it in place and gave it the wiggle test, back of the fence was fine. The front of the fence slide around like a pig on ice. I said a bad word, disassembled, reassembled, adjusted, disassembled, said a bad word, disassembled, reassembled, said a bad word.

Since the problem I was the rear of the fence, I took the replacement clamp-a out and compared it to the old clamp. Here is a picture of the two, the new one is on the right. As you can see the new one came pre-bent. It goes back for replacement. I installed the old clamp-a reassembled the fence and it locks in place like a brand new fence.

So if you order replacements through Sears, make sure the clamp is correct before all of the work.
    Attached Files
    Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike
Working...