• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shep
    • Nov 2008
    • Columbus, OH
    • Hitachi C10FL

Thank you Ryobi Service

I posted last week that my switch went out on my BTS15 (yes I know, I have a lesser quality saw.) I contacted ryobi service last wednesday to report the problem and to see if I could get another switch. They said they would turn the report over to there safety division, who would then get back to me.

Well, I haven't received any phone calls from them, but my wife just called to inform me that my new switch just arrived at the house. Talk about not getting the run-around.

Thank you Ryobi!
    -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.
  • dkerfoot
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2004
    • Holland, Michigan
    • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Shep
    I posted last week that my switch went out on my BTS15 (yes I know, I have a lesser quality saw.)
    No shame in that saw. Especially since it is obvious from your blog that you put it to good use. I'd much rather see someone getting the most out of a lesser tool than a shop full of high-end tools sitting unused!

Doug Kerfoot
    "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    KeyLlama.com

Comment

• Shep
      • Nov 2008
      • Columbus, OH
      • Hitachi C10FL

Just got a follow up call from Wayne Hill who actually wants the old switch to diagnose why it failed. He stated that that switch should not have failed. He's sending out Fedex
      to pick it up in a couple days to send it back to him. These guys don't mess around.
      -Justin

Comment

• herb fellows
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • New York City
        • bt3100

I am impressed! I am amazed that they would refer a failed switch to their safety department. If one was of a cynical bent, one might think this has something to do with a certain rich guy who is missing a finger or two.

However, 'I am impressed' still stands.
        You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Shep
          • Nov 2008
          • Columbus, OH
          • Hitachi C10FL

Originally posted by herb fellows
          I am impressed! I am amazed that they would refer a failed switch to their safety department. If one was of a cynical bent, one might think this has something to do with a certain rich guy who is missing a finger or two.

However, 'I am impressed' still stands.
          The whole "finger issue" did cross my mind after I got off the phone with him.
          -Justin

Comment

• Tom in SoCal
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2003
            • USA.
            • Delta Unisaw

a broken switch is a serious safety concern. Especially if it breaks in the permanently "on" state.

Comment

Working...