X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

21829 guys - need a measurement

My floor is completely unlevel, and my legs are adjusted for being on the hill, so I can't get a completely accurate measurement.

I'm looking for an exact measurement for the table height so I can make a couple of cabinets that will double as outfeed tables. Is it 36" exactly? I got 36.125" or so, but can't be completely accurate.

Thanks.
    I have a little blog about my shop
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Mine is set up for a bit of an incline too, and I can't get to it at the moment because of the rain. If you measure from the wheel centerline from the ground perpendicular to the top, that should give you a fairly accurate measurement.

I usually don't extend the feet under the wheels, as it is easier to move without them out.
    Erik

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
      My floor is completely unlevel, and my legs are adjusted for being on the hill, so I can't get a completely accurate measurement.

I'm looking for an exact measurement for the table height so I can make a couple of cabinets that will double as outfeed tables. Is it 36" exactly? I got 36.125" or so, but can't be completely accurate.

Thanks.
      Cochese,
      If you're on the mobile stand, table height will vary depending on how you've adjusted the foot pads on the left side of the stand (up or down). The distance from the floor to the table on the right may be different from that on the left. Also, if you're compensating for pitch in your floor, your cabinets will have to be height adjustable on the foot-pad side, since this is the most variable.

Also, stands may vary in spec - I just measured mine from the bottom of the wheel to the top of my aux table, and got 35-9/16 inches.

You may also want to consider making your outfeed surface 1/16 to 1/8 in lower than the table height anyway, to help avoid stock irregularities causing a hang-up on the forward edge of the outfeed table.
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Working...